This information will be handed out at the Jan 20 iPhoto presentation
Mac Users Group
January 15, 2015
How do I find out how much storage I have on my Mac?
- Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner of your Mac
- Click on “About the Mac”
- Click on “More Info”
- Click on “storage” found on the upper left
- This box will tell you how much storage you have left on both your hard drive and an external drive if one is connected
How can I find out how much storage my files are using?
- Click on Finder
- Most applications will provide program size. If there are program you never use, consider removing them.
- While in Finder, click on any folder.
- Click on File
- Click on Get Info and box will appear with the information on how many bytes, KB, MB, or GB of information is in that file
You will have to decide on what is important to keep and what you can discard. If you want to keep the information but not on your precious “hard drive” consider exporting seldom used files onto CD’s DVD’s, flash drives, or an external hard drive. And keep in mind that if you have been backing up your hard drive all the information will still be on your back up drive, including the files you have on your external drives, as long as the external drives are attached to your Mac.